Don’t eat that! Don’t touch your face! Don’t call him back! Don’t, Don’t Don’t!!!!! What happened? all of last year, you did all the the things that either you told yourself you aren’t going to do OR other’s told you not to do it. It’s that very hyper focused, dudley do- right thought patterns, that send you to the moon.
You know exactly what I’m talking about. In my case, it was telling myself that I am not going to eat chips and I am going to exercise 4 -5 days a week. I told myself that I am going to read my bible more and curse less. I am going to call my friends more and be on social media, less. I made so many promises to get up in the morning and walk more; when I leave work, I was going straight to the gym. Over time, those good intentions, paved their way to me sitting on the couch. I sit on my couch, wishing my husband would go take a shower so I can eat another handful of chips. I would go on autopilot and my reality with come back into focus, after I have fallen asleep on the couch.
When I thought I was pregnant and found I wasn’t, I definitely fell back into old ways. I was hurting and I just stopped. I stopped working on myself and going after what I wanted. I turned to my couch like a fond- old memory and wrapped myself in the blanket of my dreams and wishes. I just stopped.
After I spent an entire year losing weight, it stopped and my weight gain began. I didn’t gain all of the weight I lost (for the 100th time), but it was noticeable to me and a few others. At the close of the year, I decided to get myself out of this funk and LIVE again. I want a do over! Don’t you? I did this the first time I was serious about losing weight and I am here again. Lets get after it!
I created 5 strategies to help jump start your good intentions and turn them into your reality.
- Don’t get rid of your social media vices. Just turn them into what you want to see. For example, I deleted every IG page that had twerking, big bouncing curls, clothes I couldn’t afford and anything that made me feel insecure( except for issa, of course). Just because that instagrammer has 100k followers, doesn’t mean you should be 100k plus 1. If it is going to mess with your head, delete it. After you do that, replace that page with someone or something more positive. I did and my mind and heart feel so much better.
- Invest in a few books. invest in yourself and love the the things that go into your mind. I am currently reading a book that discusses habits. I realized that there are a few avenues I have to take, in order to create this illusive action.
- Learn your personality type. If you are the kind of person that needs to link up with others and have accountability partners, do it. If you keep trying to join groups and wonder why you never show up, maybe you should consider being the leader or lead yourself. Either way, learn who you are and what is right for you.
- Open your mouth. No matter how many times I fell, I had to share with my people, what I was feeling. Since I am an emotional eater, I have to combat that with talking. I realized that not everyone wants to hear my mess BUT the ones that love me…… do. Once I was able to get things off of my chest, I was able to see the forest for the trees.
- GOD-GOD-GOD. I believe that when I talk to GOD, he listens. When I do read my bible, I am reminded that there are people that are much worse off than I am and they started over. If you ever wanted a do over , why not start where a do over is never out of style.
What are some things you wish you could get a do over for and when are you going start over? I chose today!
Remember to stay perfectly perched